Thursday, October 6, 2011

Striking The Balance

October is one of my favorite months of the year - a transitional time where the mountains turn into a patchwork of colors, the air is crisp and the cooler temperatures invite us to bring out our sweaters and settle into the coziness of fall. It is also my birthday month, a time where I reflect on my life and how I have been able to strike the balance of raising and caring for my family, aligning my work with my higher purpose, and following my heart as I strive to walk an authentic and inspired life. It is a month that is governed by the energies of Libra - the symbol of the scales - the ruler of balance.

The forces of Libra invite us to look at how we are effectively utilizing our strengths, living our ideals, and organizing ourselves so we can truly be in harmony with our purpose and paths. It is a time ripe with opportunity to put things in order, to build upon the foundations which have been laid by our past activities or ideas, and to make right use of our intelligence (intellectual, emotional, and intuitive) to make decisions that are in alignment with our values and vision.

Probably the most important influence of Libra is the opportunity we all have to become "master builders", using the talents and abilities we have been given to bring light and love into form. This expression can be seen in building friendships, partnerships, families, organizations, and communities. This expression can be seen in the ideas we initiate, the projects we start, the products we design, and the services we offer. Whatever our expression, we have the capability to tune into our Source, whatever we call it, and ask for it's essence to guide and direct our choices in a way that not only serves our highest and greatest good but the highest and greatest good of all.

Join me in taking a moment to reflect on these ideals by asking yourself:

  • Do the activities that occupy my daily routine express my ideals and values?
  • Am I using my strengths to the best of my ability in my relationships, work environment, and personal endeavors?
  • Are my actions and choices aligned with who I strive to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment